Thursday 17 July 2014

My Activities and Hobbies past and present

The following list ensued during a conversation with a friend, when she told me that I should make a list of all my activities and hobbies since she felt there were many. I have always led an active life both physically and mentally and as I grow old I find more new things to learn and experience and this in fact keeps my mind from aging even if my body does. Since I stay mostly alone in my house all by myself, I find engaging in all sorts of interesting activities keeps me not only busy but also enriches my life and I follow the motto of - never say No to life. So I am still growing, learning and I will never grow old. And I must admit that since I got a laptop and learned about internet and email, my life has grown richer exponentially. My cookery book titled - Mom's Kitchen, is now available in Amazon Kindle version all over the world. 

Here are some of the things that keeps me engaged - 

1.  Music – classical, toppa song, Rabindrasangeet, Najrul geeti, Ramprasadi, Atulprasad, Rajanikanta, Raag pradhan Bengali songs, patriotic songs, P.T. Songs, devotional songs, folk music (Bhatiali, Baaul, saari gaan, seasonal songs (Ritu gaan), biraha geet), Kirtan, Hindi Bhajan and geet, Punjabi folk

2.  Writing – short story, poetry, limericks and nonsense rhymes, articles, novels, lyrics, raagpradhan bangla gaan, folk songs, cook book, nursery rhymes

3.  Crossword puzzles

4.  Braille writing for the blind

5. Riddles in English and Bengali

6.  Designing Braille toys for blind children

7.  Herbarium collection from around the world

8.  Counselling needy people from all age groups

9.  Social work to help needy children and senior citizens for over 44 years

10.  Patient care of autistic people

11.  Patient care of schizophrenics and their families to cope up with the trauma

12.  Helping depressed people, saving marriage split ups

13.  Humorous caption writing

14.  Played various sports at high level when young – swimming, cycling, knife throwing, fishing, climbing hills, bamboo rafting, skipping

15.  Yoga practitioner

16.  Fine needle work

17.  Knitting

18.  Crochet work

19.  Patch work

20.  Fabric painting

21.  Collage painting

22.  Egg shell painting

23.  Teaching underprivileged children

24.  Gardening

25.  Cooking

26.  Music composition of my own lyrics

27.  Tailoring

28.  Rebus creating in English and Bengali

29.  Montessori training to children

30.  Homeopathy

31.  Acupressure

32.  Study psychology

33.  Worked as matron in YWCA hostel

34.  All-over in-charge or Mother super in a Residential Institute in the past

35.  Play instruments – harmonium, sitar, tanpura

36.  NCC cadet when young

37.  Interior decoration

38.  Reuse and recycle of old things (clothes, articles, newspaper, magazines, etc)

39.  Latin language

40.  Autograph collection of celebrities like singers, players, scientists etc

41. Newspaper article collection of ordinary people doing extraordinary things  

No comments:

Post a Comment