Sunday 23 June 2013

Rebus Collection

By definition, Rebus is 'A puzzle where you decode a message consisting of pictures representing syllables and words'

Sometime back while I was toying with my collages and images that I collect all the time, I thought of forming words and proverbs using images and pictures instead of writing these words. At the time I started forming my Rebus collections, I had no idea that the word 'Rebus' exists and there indeed used to be a practice of using pictures to depict meaningful coded messages in the olden days. In fact it is a form of cryptography. My son who saw my images forming words and messages first told me about Rebus and when I looked it up in the net I realized I had hit upon an idea through which I could express many things without actually writing the words down. Over the months, I have now formed a sizable collection of such Rebus puzzles. Here I present 11 such puzzles, the answers to these have been provided at the end, but I would strongly recommend you to first try and solve it yourself. Happy puzzling to you all...











Answers -

1. Monkey

2. Footlight

3. Kill two birds with one stone

4. As you sow, so you reap

5. When the cat is away the mice will play

6. Open the door

7. The fingers were made before forks

8. A stitch in time saves nine

9. All feet tread not in one shoe

10. Handsome

11. Crocodile Tears

1 comment:

  1. very very impressive! some were very easy and some pretty mind boggling! :-) enjoyed it thoroughly, aunty. thank you for sharing. hugs.

    ReplyDelete