Sunday 29 January 2012

Hello Everyone


Then

Namaskar, I am Sabita, a single septuagenarian woman pursuing an active and diverse life. Due to my age and ailing health I don’t travel much out of my house, but I keep myself busy with various pursuits that makes my life bountiful and my world full of wonders. Through this blog I wish to share my life and works with you all, my friends and families. Welcome to my magical world – ‘Sabita’s world’.

I was born in undivided India. My birthplace is now in Bangladesh. My father was an academic and my mother was a housewife while my grandfather was a renowned musician. My childhood home was full of music, books, art and culture amidst nature’s lap. My house was surrounded by verdant woods, grand canals, rivers and estuaries, lakes and ponds replete with birds and aquatic life. I grew up with music in my ears, books in my heart and a deep respect and love for nature.

As I grew up with dreams in my eyes and a desire to see the world, I had to face the harsh realities of life. I had to put back my own desires to fulfill those of others and life passed me by. But I never lost sight of my dreams and waited patiently to take control of my life, nurturing my passions and interests quietly in my own corner. I never gave up and never said ‘no’ to life. Life never stays the same, night ends and new dawn begins and so does life. Surely and steadily things changed, though I went through severe illnesses undergoing several surgeries and a major paralytic seizure, losing much of my vitality and vigor, life eventually begin to unfurl it’s bounties for me.

In between
 Today I am busier and happier than ever, content with life and surging ahead regardless my ill health. While most people my age are depressed, full of regrets, having given up on life, leading sedentary and monotonous life, criticizing others or simply playing nanny to their grandkids, I live a fulfilling life, pursuing diverse activities and learning new things almost every day. This is the key to my happiness. Though I live alone most of the times and have no family or friends near me I never get bored or depressed since my pursuits keep me engaged and at this age my life is full of promise and I look forward to each day with a bright smile full of hopes.

Some of my main hobbies; which I will be sharing with you in details later are – Braille writing, composing music and singing, lyrics writing, fiction writing, collage painting, botanical album, rebus and crossword conception, caption writing, homeopathy, social work, counseling, adult education, riddle composition, horticulture, reading, knitting and crochet works.

As you can imagine, I am busier now than ever before. I live every moment and make the most of it. I wish to reach out to each one of you and welcome you to share my journeys, my passions and see how beautiful life is. 
Now

5 comments:

  1. Life's beautiful because you are in it! You are an inspiration to all of us, aunty. So, keep inspiring and sharing. Love and best wishes always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunty, congratulations on your blog! Looking forward to your posts and be inspired. Best wishes.

    Arun

    ReplyDelete
  3. You inspire us all! May Godji bless you everyday. Massive hugs from the USA. Roxxi(we share the same birthday)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aunty is truely a "Super Woman" with a 'never say die' attitude. Glad I met her. Thanks Satya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an inspiring lady ... like mother ,like son. She surely brought a smile to my face . Wishing her d very best always . Love Shibani

    ReplyDelete